Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is my inspiration this week...

With flowers blooming, the scent of orange blossoms in the air and the sun shining, who wouldn't be inspired to start spring cleaning?! Yesterday I worked in the garage for a few hours to create a workspace for REiDesign. Boy do we have a LOT of STUFF! With no basement or attic space our garage has become the "catch all" for Halloween/ Easter/Christmas decorations, baby items (which I have resigned to sell), tools, camping gear... you get the picture.

Well, now there is a "woman cave" in one corner. I am inspired by artwork, antique mirrors, magazine clippings, rows of ribbon... I am ready to create, design, refinish, paint, sew, reupholster... you name it I can do it all in my own little workspace! Very exciting I know.

So, how did I do it?

I started pulling stuff out into the driveway and moved things around like a rubic cube. I relocated gardening tools, cleaned out old paint (10 cans +) - check with your city, every city has a hazardous waste/electronic waste drop off site, start w/ your city website under waste management. Next, items I am not going to sell on CraigsList, I put on Freecycle.org, where people will pick up items right out of my driveway.

Once you start cleaning out, it's amazing what you can get rid of! Happy Spring Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment